Linking Hearts is a program of Muslim Women Australia (MWA) auspiced under the NSW Government’s Specialist Homelessness Services. MWA has been providing support services for women, and families, in need for over 35 years. Linking Hearts is a program that provides holistic support for families, and individuals, who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless. This includes women seeking to leave unsafe environments. The Family Support Worker will have the accountability for the overall support provided to our clients including liaising with partner services to ensure a consistent and holistic support plan is in place.
The key responsibilities of this position include:
- General Case Management – managing the support provided over a variety of different areas including:
- Centrelink & other welfare
- Employment & Education
- Children’s Services
- Assess the needs of clients and assist clients to identify their own needs and action requirements under the support plan.
- Physically accompany and support clients as required when attending various third-party interactions such as Centrelink.
- Liaise and engage with partner agencies that may be supporting other members of a family or the individual in specific areas of need to ensure a holistic and consistent support plan is being implemented.
- Ensure that the performance criteria under the funding agreements for the project are being met
- Maintain records and case notes using various methods including an on-line Case Management tool to ensure that all interactions with clients are appropriately and adequately recorded.
- Work proactively with MWA management and other family support workers to ensure that the needs of our clients are always met.
- Qualification in Community Services, Social Work or a related discipline or other relevant field are desirable
- Relevant Criminal History & Working with Children clearances
- Full NSW Driver’s License
- Proven solid experience working within the sector as a support worker.
- Demonstrated high level of problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated understanding in dealing with clients of CALD backgrounds
- Proven ability to work in the areas of homelessness, domestic violence and knowledge of issues impacting CALD communities.
- Ability to effectively build rapport, relationships and networks.
- Written and Verbal Communication
- Problem Solving
- Planning & Organising
- Working in Teams
- Emotional & Cultural Intelligence
How to Apply
Written applications must include your response to selection criteria, CV, cover letter and referees.
Submit applications to email@example.com with “Linking Hearts Family Support Worker” in the Subject Field.
Closing Date for Applications is Friday 19 March 2021.Linking-Hearts-Family-Support-Worker